This pork recipe comes from the Chinese city of WuXi. It’s a beautiful city by the lake that’s close to Shanghai. Most Shanghaiese dishes are sweet, savory, and easy to make, and the same could be said for these delicious ribs.
- pork ribs (1000 grams)
- soy sauce (100 grams)
- cooking wine (25 grams)
- salt (5 grams)
- white sugar (50 grams)
- ginger (40 grams)
- cinnamon (5 grams)
- scallions (5 grams)
- Star anise (5 grams)
Let’s get started!
- Cut the pork ribs into small pieces. I bought pre-cut pieces to make things even easier. Mix well with salt and half of the soy sauce, then marinate the pork for 12 hours.
- Dice the scallions and ginger, and add it to the meat
- Put everything in the pan, add enough water to cover the meat, then take it to a boil on high heat.
- Take out the ribs, wash them clean, and dump out what’s left in the pan.
- Put the ribs back in the pan, add the rest of the ingredients and 500 grams of water. Mix the ingredients well in the pan. Cover the pan and cook on medium heat until you get a dense sauce.
- Plate the ribs, and just pour on the sauce to serve.